Bottega Fagnola, craft bookbindery in Turin since 1955
The need to “bind” the papers on which the writing was printed, over the past centuries has been transformed into a real craft, with a series of codified skills, which now combines the craft tradition with new technologies and needs.
The craft bookbinder, in fact, has at his disposal not only his personal talent, but also new materials and tools that allow him to make artifacts of valuable quality, to meet the needs and creativity of customers very different from each other.
Bottega Fagnola’s strong points in its laboratory in Turin are the accuracy of the execution, and the customization in terms of design and choice of materials, according to the specific needs of the customer.
Bottega Fagnola provides binding services for books with the expertise to handle antique, rare and premium publications, notebooks, diaries, albums, pocket notebooks, and any collection of sheets to which the customer wants to ensure an optimal state of preservation.
The main bookbinding services are:
- Softbound, on paperback or hardcover
- Hot Stamping
- Binding and gilding (hot stamping, shearing or hand-printing)
- Expertise in all types of materials: paper, decorated paper, marbled paper, cardboard, paperboard, book cloth, leather, vellum, faux leather , cabra, bonded leather
- Customization of the operation and execution of projects on demand, helping the customer choose the best standard both at a stylistic and functional level
- Creation of individual pieces, small series or limited runnings, offering several creative ideas
We are able to understand and meet the needs of every type of customer.
We realize excellent operations and projects for companies, public bodies, communication agencies, public and private archives, antiquarian booksellers, notaries and other professionals, in medium or small lots.
We are the reliable point of reference for private customers, collectors and bibliophiles, who find in us the best expertise in bookbinding operations.
In the workshop of Via Orvieto in Turin, our team will guide you in the identification of the most suitable operation, in the choice of materials, and will elaborate a quote. The store in Via San Tommaso, instead, is the ideal contact point for private customers and for small bookbinding operations.
We also usually work online, with customers from all over Italy and abroad: our work organization will allow you to coordinate every detail and stay up to date until the end result.
Tel. +39 011 544 266
Fax +39 011 062 0144